Friday, June 29, 2007

Intimidation Follow Up

Guest Post by Akiva of Mystical Paths

On the recent past post, Intimidation, I presented a true story that happened a week and ago of a confrontation between a Yassamnik (Israeli riot control intimidation police) and a chossid in Jerusalem. Here's a follow up.

You'll remember the story ended with a conversation on G-d and teshuvah, and the Yassamnik being handed some Torah literature and a CD. Naturally, the info had the yeshiva contact information on it.

Two days ago, the Yassamnik showed up at the door of the yeshiva. He was wearing a kippah! (yalmukah) and tzitzit! (fringed ritual garment) and asked to meet with my friend. "Until our confrontation, and you calmly challenging me and calling me brother, I never thought of you people as brothers (unspoken, or even, people). Please rabbi, teach me."

And they learned for a few hours, and spoke for a bit. This young man, trained in intimidation and the judicious application of pain, and a black hatted long bearded chossid. The young man has a girl friend, an apartment, and an aspiring career in controlling the masses. At the end, he said, "Rabbi, I feel I have to quit my job because of what it is, and I want to come and learn here."

The chossid responded, "My brother, no. For now, I will learn with you once a week for a few hours. About your job, after a few weeks if that's still what you want to do, we'll talk to my rav. But for now, we will take small steps, together."

HaKodesh Baruch Hu aligned events to open even a seemingly distant Jewish heart. Even my friend the chossid is shaking his head and simply saying, "wow".

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Yerushalayim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing.

Anonymous said...

The following blogger in his list of the top 8 lies as number 2 that Hitler was evil. Mind you he isn't a White NeoNazi but some guy from India.

http://bornalibran.blogspot.com/2007/06/eight-biggest-lies-they-tell-you.html

Anonymous said...

A, interesting

Anonymous said...

I mean akiva

Anonymous said...

What did your friend give that yasamnik? Must have been some really strong stuff. I wouldn't mind some of that myself.
This is just an absolutely amzing story. Your friend is a true believer, which is quite rareץ

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails