Sunday, September 09, 2007

Weddings. WHAT?!

We've been to a lot of weddings lately, yet they aren't as enjoyable as the used to be.

Band music is so deafening, so powerful, that you can't have a simple conversation with the person next to you, let alone across the table. Airports are fined for what passes as Jewish wedding music these days. More and more people are coming to weddings with earplugs, and while they can't converse with you, at least they aren't suffering from permanent hearing damage.

The answer of course, is in the video below. I'm sure it would make the wedding a bit more expensive, but at least everyone would enjoy the wedding.



Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

4 comments:

mother in israel said...

In Bnei Brak, they have a law that fines the owners of the hall NIS 12000 if they don't use a device that shuts down the hall's electricity if the decibel rate goes above a certain level.

Don't know if it's enforced.

Jacob Da Jew said...

I totally agree!

This is part of the reason why I try to avoid going to weddings.

After a long day at work, what? I need some stupid one man band blaring out tunes that I hate?

Plus you get to eat some rubber chicken at 9:30 at night. Argh.

Holy Hyrax said...

you're insane, thats what you are, insane

... Is the Window to Our Soul said...

I bet you've been dying to find a use for that video somewhere in your blog. : )

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails